- The exam isn’t just a compilation of exercises - all combinations have an element of dance;
- All combinations are choreographically interesting. The exam material is put together with striking virtuosity;
- The entire lesson is built on the contrast between rapid tempos and adagio-esque tones;
- Tsiskaridze’s unique language and vision is evident throughout - not a single element copies other great masters.
The students are capable of displaying the following qualities (during high-speed combinations no less):
- Immobility (stability) of the supporting side - a rarity among modern-day students;
- Complete, clear lines of the dancers’ legs - a sophistication of style and Peter Pestov’s hallmark;
- Precise musical plasticity.